A Step-by-Step Course to Become
a Prolific and Joyful Writer
What if you could write faster and publish more content?
What if your inner critic stopped nagging?
What if writing was more joyful?
Hi, I’m Henneke
When I started writing in 2012, writing felt like an excruciating process.
I felt slow. I struggled to get my ideas on paper. I was a procrastination champion. I thought writing was just difficult, and that the torturous process was normal.
But over time, I learned I was wrong. I learned how to troubleshoot my process and how to work with my inner critic. I learned how to nurture healthy writing habits, so I quit procrastinating (mostly). Above all, I’ve learned to love writing.
Discovering the joy of writing helped me become an influential writer. My blog has become both the engine and heart of my business. As a smooth-running engine, my blog posts attract new email subscribers and create interest in my courses. And as the heart of my business, my writing helps me engage readers and make friends.
Writing nourishes my soul and helps me earn a living.
The principles of joyful productivity
Joyful productivity helps you write with more ease, so you can publish content more regularly. It’s based on the following principles:
- When you unclog your mind you can focus better, and focus is a superpower that multiplies your productivity.
- When you form a writing habit, no matter how tiny that habit is, you overcome resistance to writing, and your body of work grows over time.
- When you learn to troubleshoot your writing process, you get unstuck more quickly and produce good content faster.
- When your inner critic becomes quieter, you find more joy in writing, and your motivation and confidence grow.
Joyful productivity creates a virtuous cycle or upward trend. When writing is more joyful, you feel more inspired, you become more confident, and you write faster. This is how you crush writer’s block, find your voice, and engage your readers with more gusto.
“Write It, Don’t Fight It” is no ordinary course
This course is based on proven methods—a unique mix from writing advice, psychology, and even sports science. You learn how to experiment and fine-tune your writing process, so you can feel at your creative best.
This course is a reference guide for life …
You can apply many of the principles in other areas of your life, too. For instance, establishing a solid writing habit gave me the confidence to form other habits, too, like learning to draw and meditating—activities that felt almost alien to me when I started.
And when I learned to work with my inner critic while writing, I became less critical of myself overall. I learned to embrace rather than fight my limitations.
When you learn the principles of nurturing a healthy writing habit, you can take better care of yourself in other areas of your life, too.
How to become a faster writer
Imagine you want to become a faster runner. You wouldn’t just read exercise plans, would you?
If you’re a pro, you run every day, you analyze your performance, and you may talk to a sports psychologist to improve your focus.
The same is true for building healthy writing habits. So, Write It, Don’t Fight It is a practical course.
You learn in small, incremental steps, and at the end of each lesson, you find recommended activities to implement the advice, and questions to reflect on your writing practices.
This course doesn’t offer a cookie-cutter approach …
We’re all different, so no one-size-fits-all approach exists.
Instead, this is a banquet of strategies and tactics, so you can experiment and select what works for you—whether you should outline or freewrite, whether it’s okay to edit while you write, whether to set an audacious writing goal or whether you’re better off with a ridiculously low target.
This course on joyful productivity comes in three parts, in which you learn how to foster a healthy mindset, how to nurture good habits, and how to master your writing process.
Part 1: The Joyful Writer
How to Stop Sabotaging Yourself
In the first part of this course, you learn how to unclog your mind so your inner critic stops nagging and you can write with more joy.
You learn how to:
- Take control of your creative process and work productively with your inner critic
- Detect self-sabotaging behavior (we all do it!) so you can focus better on writing
- Quit criticizing your work harshly, so you can learn from the authors you admire and still feel proud of your own writing
- Let go of perfectionism at each stage of the writing process, so you can speed up the process from initial idea to finished piece of writing
- Build your courage so you can focus on writing and beat procrastination
- Rekindle your joy in writing so you feel more motivated
- Commit to bigger writing goals (and achieve them!) by changing your personal narratives
You also discover:
- The difference between positive and ugly perfectionism (and why it matters to joyful productivity)
- The secret power of words to help you achieve more
- 7 proven mindset shifts to lower resistance to writing, reduce stress and find joy in writing
After completing the first part of this course, you understand how to let go of perfectionism, and how to build courage so you can dance with your writing fears. This is the firm foundation that helps you believe in yourself so you can achieve more ambitious writing goals.
Part 2: The Prolific Writer
Find the Energy, Focus, and Courage to Achieve Your Goals
In the second part of this course, you learn how to nurture healthy writing habits and how to get rid of unproductive habits so you can show up consistently and achieve your writing goals.
You learn how to:
- Create momentum in your writing projects, without the need for strong willpower or iron discipline
- Adopt a proven method from sports pros to get into your writing zone quickly and focus like a “peak performer”
- Set the right type of targets so you feel more motivated to stick to your writing habits
- Rethink time management, so you can conquer busyness and make time to write
- Get rid of unproductive habits like procrastination or multitasking, so you stop feeling guilty about slow progress
- Plan without overplanning so you can boost your creativity
- Manage your mental energy and keep your brain in tip-top condition, so you feel more creative and can produce good content faster
- Find an accountability method that works for you, so you can feel proud of achieving your writing goals
- Challenge yourself to ban distractions and gain focus—the single most important skill to supercharge your writing productivity
You also discover:
- Why pruning is better than weeding when improving your productivity
- The “idea debt” method for finally starting your dream writing project
- Hemingway’s tip for enjoying a string of good writing days
The activities in the second part of the course help you find focused time to write despite a busy schedule. You learn how to commit to and achieve your writing goals, and how to accelerate your productivity so you can become a more productive writer.
Part 3: The Confident Writer
How to Get Unstuck and Speed Up Your Writing
In the third part of this course, you learn how to master your writing process so you can sneak around writer’s block and produce good content faster.
You learn how to:
- Craft your own optimal writing process—no one-size-fits-all approach exists, so you learn how to experiment with different writing strategies
- Nurture an idea habit so you’ll never run out of ideas
- Vet your ideas, so you’ll feel inspired to write your next article or book
- Research your ideas without feeling overwhelmed by information overload
- Choose one of three outlining methods so you can structure your content faster
- Get your ideas on paper more quickly without your inner critic spoiling the fun of writing
- Apply the 5-step revision process so you can rescue crappy first drafts without feeling overwhelmed
- Harness the power of percolation—the powerful writing practice that sparks creativity and helps create better content in less time
- Keep your creative muse happy, so you can crush writer’s block
You also discover:
- The fine line between percolation and procrastination, and why it matters to writing faster
- When it’s okay to edit while writing, and when it hurts your productivity
- How pro writers use placeholders, so they get their ideas on paper more quickly
At the end of the third part of the course, you’ve acquired a toolbox full of tricks and tactics to troubleshoot your writing process so you can beat writer’s block and write faster.
About your tutors
Henneke Duistermaat is the main author of the Write It, Don’t Fight It course. As a writing coach, she has helped writers and non-writers get unstuck and fall in love with writing. As a blogger, she publishes high-quality blog posts on Enchanting Marketing regularly and she has contributed to popular blogs such as Copyblogger, Inc.com, HubSpot, and Crazy Egg.
In recent years, Henneke learned how to nurture a joyful mindset and how to become more productive despite chronic pain and fatigue. Henneke dislikes writing a first draft but loves editing. She thrives on steady progress towards her goals.
Kathy Keats helped structure the Write It, Don’t Fight It course and contributed her knowledge of sports psychology and peak performance. As a former world champion in dog agility, Kathy learned how to stretch her self-belief and perform at her best. As a high-performance coach, she now helps clients unclog their mind, so they can reach their potential in sports and in life.
Kathy lives on a farm, and in recent years, she has learned how to juggle farm and online business responsibilities, and how to gain focus and nurture a writing habit despite regular interruptions. Kathy loves freewriting, resists outlining, and loves to set herself big goals to challenge herself to write more.
In this course, Kathy and Henneke share what they’ve learned from their coaching practices, supplemented with solid academic research and their personal writing experiences.
Early Bird buyers can ask Kathy and Henneke questions in three “Ask the Authors Anything” sessions.
What you’ll get
Write It, Don’t Fight It is a practical course where you learn how to integrate the principles of joyful productivity into your writing practice. The course is self-paced so you can work in your own time and at a learning pace that works for you.
All material is available as downloadable videos and PDF ebooks, and as an online lesson plan to keep track of your progress.
This course consists of:
- A step-by-step online lesson plan with recommended activities to apply your learning to your own writing practice
- The Joyful Writer ebook: a 58-page PDF with down-to-earth guidance on how to unclog your mind, so you can work with your inner critic and write with more joy
- The Prolific Writer ebook: a 55-page PDF with practical advice on how to nurture healthy writing habits so you can find the energy, focus and courage to achieve your writing goals
- The Confident Writer ebook: a 56-page PDF with numerous tactics and examples on how to master your writing process so you can get unstuck and write faster
- The Write It, Don’t Fight It workbook: a 50-page PDF with 26 recommended activities to apply your learning, experiment and challenge yourself to write faster, more regularly, and with more joy
- The discussion video What Sport Pros Can Teach Us About Self-Doubt and Joyful Writing (31 minutes)
- The discussion video What Sports Pros Can Teach Us About Motivation, Habits and Peak Performance (22 minutes)
- The discussion video How to Squeeze More Out of Your Writing Time, Even If Your Energy is Low (28 minutes)
Plus you’ll get the following FREE bonuses:
- Companion Email Series with additional insights and encouragement
- Recommended Reading List: 12 Books That Will Help You Live a More Fulfilled, Creative Life
- Special Early Bird Bonus: Three Q&A Sessions “Ask the Authors Anything”—to be held in December 2018, January 2019, and February 2019
This is a self-paced course—you’ll get lifetime access, so you can dip back into the course at any time to reinforce your learning and pick up new tips and tricks.
At a steady pace, it’ll take you around 6 weeks to work through the material and complete the activities. But you can work faster or slow down, as suits you.
Want to write more?
The Write It, Don’t Fight It course is for you if you’d like to write more but something is holding you back—whether that’s perfectionism, lack of confidence, writer’s block, procrastination, an overwhelming to-do list, or a rickety writing process. This course is most useful if you want to write a blog, book, enewsletters, or other content for your business.
This course teaches you the principles of joyful productivity and how to master your writing process, so you can become a more prolific and joyful writer.
Enroll now for instant access to the whole course:
Write It, Don’t Fight It
A Step-by-Step Course to Become
a Prolific and Joyful Writer
30-day moneyback guarantee
Your enrollment is processed by Teachable, Inc., and Sales Tax or VAT may apply.