Learn the basics of persuasive business writing
Want to write better business content?
But feel unsure where to start?
The articles below help you get to grips with the basics of good business writing, so you can enchant readers and win more business.
Content of this page
How to write persuasive copy
Sales copy is the text you use to persuade your readers to take a specific action, such as download a white paper, join your e-newsletter, click a link in your email, follow you on Twitter, or click a “buy” button. Sales copy is used in emails, on web pages or in sales brochures.
The articles below give you a quick overview of writing persuasive sales copy:
- 11 copywriting tips: Turn marketing drivel into serious sales copy
- Features vs benefits: Use the “So what?” question to seduce readers to buy
- A pain-free process: 5 simple questions to ask before you start to write
- Web copy: 9 simple tips for writing persuasive web content
>>> Read the full article selection on: Sales Copywriting
How to write more engaging blog posts for business
New to blogging?
The articles below present a quick introduction to establishing a blogging routine and writing articles to engage your readers:
- Blog strategy: How to create a must-read blog without going crazy
- Blog purpose: The “secret” to attracting more clients to your blog
- Blog writing: How to write a good blog post super-fast (and the joy of slow-blogging)
- Blogging habit: A 5-step plan for writing fresh content every week even if you don’t have time
- 8 common writing weaknesses: How to spot and fix the weaknesses in your writing
>>> Read the full article selection on: Blog writing for business
Get rid of a boring corporate voice
Unhappy with your writing style?
Worried that your content sounds a tad boring?
The articles below will help turn bland writing in sparkling content.
- Fine-tune your word choice: How word choice shapes your voice
- Eliminate gobbledygook: How to write gobbledygook-free content
- Conversational writing: Write conversational content and make your readers deliriously happy
>>> Read the full article selection on: Writing tone and voice
Motivational articles for business writers who feel stuck
Feel like your writing isn’t good enough?
Improving a skill, like writing, drawing, or dancing, can feel like a tough task.
The articles below will help you stay motivated, so you can fret less and write more:
- Don’t give up: An open letter to anyone who thinks their writing isn’t good enough
- Writing fears: How I learned to dance with my fears
- Motivation: Stop torturing your mind and make writing a joy
- Swipe file: How pro writers nurture their skills without paying for expensive courses
>>> Read the full article selection on: Writing habits and joy