20 Articles on Writing Habits, Productivity and Practice
Good writing takes time. That’s true.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t speed up. When you adopt the right habits and mindset, you can overcome writer’s block, write faster, and write with joy.
Content of this page
How to practice and improve your writing skills
Unsure where to start?
The articles below explain how to practice your writing skills without hiring writing coach:
- Deliberate practice: 4 proven principles to practice your writing and improve crazy fast
- 8 writing weaknesses: Learn to spot the weaknesses in your own writing, so you can fix them
- Learning mindset: The simple truth about becoming a better writer
- Swipe file: How pro writers nurture their skills without paying for expensive courses
- Writing exercises: Put that zing-kapow in boring business content with these 3 creative writing exercises
- Visual thinking skills: These 3 tips will make you a brilliant writer
- Writing mini-skills: 27 ways to improve your writing skills and escape content mediocrity
Do you feel your writing isn’t good enough?
How to conquer writing blocks
Feeling guilty about never writing as much as you’d like?
The articles below help you overcome procrastination and beat writer’s block, so you can write more.
Here’s how to make writing a joy:
- Writing goals: Set goals, write more, and fret less
- Writing fears: How I learned to dance with my fears
- Motivation: Stop torturing your mind and make writing a joy
- Writing zone: 5 tips for finding your flow
- Writer’s block: A crazy girl’s guide to outsmarting writer’s block
- Feeling like a fake: Why you don’t need to call yourself a writer (and how to live a more fulfilled life)
- Perfectionism: The art of embracing imperfection
- Productivity: The 90% rule of being productive, feeling better, and achieving more
- Creativity in writing: How to be creative without sacrificing productivity
- Write faster: These 4 routines cut my writing time by 50%
- 3 writing strategies: How to put your thoughts into words
- Writing process: Navigate the 7 perfectionism pitfalls to streamline your writing process
- Complexity: How to simplify complex ideas
- How to write more: Try this simple shift in mindset and train your brain to write more
A pain free blog writing process
When you chop the writing process up in chunks, writing becomes more doable, and you might even write faster.
The articles below explain the different activities in blog writing—from generating ideas to editing your draft.
- Ideas: 19 blog post ideas to spark your creativity
- Outlining: How to outline a blog post and create a hypnotic flow
- First drafts: Cherish your shitty first drafts and get more writing done
- Revision: 5 steps for turning rickety writing into shiny, smooth content
- Case study: How I turned 31 measly words into a valuable blog post
Stuck in a blogging rut? Try these 17 prompts to spark a wave of creativity.