You’re not writing your blog just for fun, are you?
You’re in business; and you’d like your blog to generate more leads, more clients, more business.
A business blog is written to attract and engage potential clients.
A business blog can help you to:
- raise awareness of your company;
- increase web traffic;
- start a “conversation” with prospects;
- develop your authority;
- get readers to trust you and your advice;
- build relationships as readers get to know you and like you.
Your blog shouldn’t sound like an ad, but should be so useful, so inspirational that your readers want to hear from you again and again.
The difference between copywriting and blog writing
Copywriting is writing sales copy: you want to encourage a reader to take a specific action, such as download a white paper, sign up for a newsletter, pick up the phone to talk to you, or buy your product.
Blog posts are educational and inspirational. A blog post doesn’t have an immediate sales objective, but it does have a marketing purpose. Your blog can attract potential clients to your business; and by encouraging readers to sign up to your e-newsletter, you earn an opportunity to send an occasional sales email.
Once blog readers get to know you, like you, and trust you, it becomes easier to sell to them.
13 free articles about business blogging
Learn how to write attention-grabbing headlines and blog posts that captivate your readers. Understand how to tempt Google to send you more (relevant!) traffic and spark your creativity with ideas for your next 19+ blog posts…
- 15 ways to gain leads and win business with your blog
- 39 ways to write deliciously seductive headlines (headline examples you can swipe)
- How to write scrumptious blog posts that your readers gobble up (one essential blogging tip)
- The “secret” ingredient that turns casual blog readers into avid fans (this may surprise you)
- How to remove ballast from your blog posts (and keep your readers spellbound)
- How to steal, swipe and imitate to create your own unique blogging voice (and get rid of that oh-so-booooring corporate tone)
- How to tell itty-bitty stories to engage and entertain your blog readers
- 13 dumb mistakes making your business blog drab, smelly, and sleazy
- How to write a good blog post super-fast (and the joy of slow-blogging)
- How to write SEO-friendly blog posts your audience will love
- The crazy power of social proof (and how to avoid reader apathy)
- Is your blog design turning readers away in disgust? (simple design tricks to improve readability)
- 19 blog post ideas to spark your creativity and inspire your writing
Want to learn more?
Sign up to the Enchanting Marketing newsletter to receive more blogging, copywriting and content marketing tips (it’s free!):
About the author of this tutorial: Henneke Duistermaat is an irreverent marketer and copywriter. She’s also the author of the book Blog to Win Business – How to Enchant Readers and Woo Customers. Henneke is on a mission to stamp out gobbledygook and to add sparkle to boring business blogs.